I have put together a very preliminary set of research questions that I would like to research for Enoch Ben George. Here is where I will be starting:
- Who are the parents for Enoch Ben George – (I have his father was Jans Kristien George but nothing for his mother)
- When and where in Saint Clair County, Alabama was he born?
- Was he baptized? If so, when and in what church?
- Did he serve in the military? What wars would he have served in? (He died in Civil War year range)
- Did he have a will when he died? If so, how do I get a copy of it?
- Did he have an obituary in the newspaper?
- What newspapers were around his area at the time of his death?
- Did Enoch ever own land? Are there land records?
- Still have census records to find him in:
- 1800 – Probably Alabama – Look under father’s name, Jans Kristien George
- 1810 – Probably Alabama – Look under his name, then his father’s name, Jans Kristien George
- 1820 – Probably Alabama – Also under his name first, then his father’s name
- 1860 – Probably Texas – With wife and children
- Was he listed on any Tax Records?
- Depending on his religion, were there any church records for him?
- Are there cemetery records for him?
- Are there city directories for his time period in the places he was living?
As I am researching these questions, I am sure I will add many more to this list. I will start researching where I may be able to answer these questions.
Next To Do: Make a list of research questions for Cinthia Autrey.